Saturday, August 05, 2006

DALLAS RETIREMENT VILLAGE COMES FOR A VISIT TO BROWNS' BACKYARD

When I got the call Wednesday this last week from Dallas Retirement Village requesting a visit to our backyard this Friday, my first thought was "but everything is dried up!" But on closer inspection, there are still plenty of green and blooming things to enjoy. You just have to put your blinders on to the parched places. I'm so glad they came! It was a real treat for me to be able to relax for an afternoon, and share the fruits of my labor with them. I'm told she is 99! Can you believe it? I'd love to be sitting in that very rocker on my front porch when I am 99 ~ but...I think I'll need a gardener!
The men deserve special mention, as there were only 2 of them! I enjoyed so much the hour spent visiting with all of these sweet people, and sharing iced tea and Poppyseed Friendship cake.Yes, that's Ella on the left in the picture below. She and her husband came to the door and asked if they could buy our little house on Academy St. more than 15 years ago now. A real answer to my prayers! We were homeschooling 4 children in a house under 1200 sq. ft!!! God doesn't need "For Sale" signs! We were able to move to the country and build this wonderful 2100 sq. ft. "farm house"! We love it here, even without the water!
Hope they'll all come back soon for another visit!

1 Comments:

Blogger Aly sun said...

Looks like a nice time. It is a good reminder that your guests don't care if things are perfect. Hospitality is about making people feel welcome, not just putting on a good show (the good show helps though ;).

Wednesday, August 9, 2006 at 4:54:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home