Saturday, November 18, 2006

CENTRAL PARK

Meet George and Sal. George is the horse of course. We started our 2 hour tour of Central Park with a long awaited carriage ride. I'd wanted one 2 years ago on our last trip to New York for the Brooklyn Tab Conference. So, finally this time my wish came true! It was so relaxing to just lean back and listen to the clip clop of the horse's hooves on the pavement, as the beauty of Central Park drifted by. Central Park is so beautiful, it's hard to pick just a few pictures to represent that beauty. But, one of our favorites is the Bow Bridge below.
And the other is the ivy covered Gapstow Bridge.
And of course any tour of Central Park isn't complete without a walk through The Mall. If you look closely you'll see that that is Carissa and Dennis walking away from the camera. Considering there are 800 acres in Central Park, I think we're going to have to return yet again. There is so much more I want to see, and 2 hours is just not enough time. Believe me. We were walking quickly!!! Stay tuned! Just one more New York post to go!

1 Comments:

Blogger Cathy said...

When we went to NYC in 2000, Central Park had to be cut. Seeing these pictures makes me want to go back and just go through the park! I knew it was big, but I didn't realize it was 800 acres!

Sunday, November 19, 2006 at 10:37:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home