Monday, January 28, 2008

HAPPY 21ST BIRTHDAY, JOSIAH!

For his 21st birthday, all Josiah wanted was to go up to Hoodoo and play in the snow with his friends and family. You'd think with all the snow we've been having this winter he'd be tired of it. But then 2" is just not the same as 10 feet or more of the awesome white stuff! So Saturday morning we headed up the mountain, had a nice picnic lunch and hot chocolate in the parking lot, then attacked the slopes with a vengence! That's us, the friends and family! From the top left to right, there's Jeremiah, Carissa, the Shinn boys, Josh and Brandon, Josiah, and down front Marci and Dennis. What's happened to kids these days? All they want to wear is dark colors. What happened to the bright reds, yellows, and blues? Well I, for one, am happy to accommodate in the red department!
The guys decided they wanted to take a "walk" back into the trees. I had already made up my mind that I wasn't going because I'd already taken a step a little too close to the trees and sank in up to my crotch! Let me tell you, it's not an easy feat to pull your leg up out of a 31" deep hole the diameter of your leg with the boot still on! However, after looking at their beautiful discoveries, I kind of wish I would have risked it. Besides think of the points you could burn with each step!

Trekking done, they all decided to make a bunch of snow heads and put them on posts! I thought this one was the most creative.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home