Wednesday, May 07, 2008

BLOSSOMS, BIRD, AND BENCH

Can you tell I like alliteration?Finally! Real apple blossoms, not snow!!!
I need help identifying this bird! It's not in my Birds of the Willamette Valley book. Maybe it's not from around here and got lost while migrating! It's about the size of a small robin, so it can't be a gold finch, and look at that beak! It is beautiful though isn't it? A whole flock of them came and were eating the black oiled sunflower seeds I put out on the ground every morning. Of course by the time I got the camera, they'd been scared up into the trees. Good thing I have a 10x zoom!
The Valentines bench is looking better and better all the time. Wait till the iris behind it bloom!



2 Comments:

Blogger Cathy said...

That looks beautiful surrounded by yellow!

Wednesday, May 7, 2008 at 12:24:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Cathy said...

The closest thing I can see from my bird book...it might be an Evening Grossbeak. Not sure though.

Wednesday, May 7, 2008 at 12:59:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home