Sunday, November 30, 2008

THANKFUL FOR "HOME SWEET HOME"

It is a good thing to give thanks unto the Lord!
Psalm 92:1
Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, Maine, Vermont, New York, Pennsylvania, Maryland, and Virginia in 18 days! What an adventure! But there's no place like home! So as this Thanksgiving week comes to a close, I just had to pause to give thanks for home and family. As the sun came up the morning after our late night return, I looked out the window and was so overcome with gratitude for the gorgeous view right here in my own yard. The unpacking and laundry could wait because I had to take some more pictures! New England eat your heart out, because I still think Oregon is the most beautiful place on earth!
Mose's burning bush? Actually he (the cat) loves the Blue Spruce. He hides under the bottom boughs just watching (hopefully) the birds visiting the bird feeders.
Every time I called home, I'd ask if my red mum was still blooming and would they please take a picture of it for me. Well, it waited for me, and so did my would be photographers!

4 Comments:

Blogger Aly sun said...

Really beautiful colors right in your own back yard. I like what you said about looking at things with a tourist's eye. We so often take our views for granted.

Sunday, November 30, 2008 at 8:26:00 PM PST  
Blogger Melanie said...

Hi Marci! I just found your blog via Alysun. I used to be Melanie Schierling, but I've changed my name now and am living in the Boston area.

I just wanted to say that I absolutely agree with you about Oregon vs. New England! Everyone here says "Wow! Isn't New England beautiful?" and we say "Oh, I don't know - we've seen some awfully pretty Oregon!"

Tuesday, December 2, 2008 at 10:16:00 AM PST  
Blogger Marci said...

It's good to hear from you Melanie! Don't get me wrong, I loved every minute in New England, and feel so blessed to have been able to go on the trip of a lifetime there. But you know I sure am glad I live in Oregon. All the beauty without the harsh winters and humid summers!

Tuesday, December 2, 2008 at 1:59:00 PM PST  
Blogger Cathy said...

I agree...we live in paradise!...and we do too often take it for granted. I'm breathing in the beauty that you've shown us, Marci!

Thursday, December 4, 2008 at 7:38:00 AM PST  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home