Thursday, April 09, 2009

TWO STEPS FORWARD

You're probably wondering where I've been the whole month of March. Well, March 5th everything was finally dry enough to reinstall the wood flooring. But for most of the month I was continuing with the knee injections and physical therapy on the carpel tunnel surgery scars on my hands. They still hurt a lot, but are not keeping me from all the weeding, pruning, and shoveling of bark dust that must be caught up on. I have learned that it is wise not to over do it though! We also lost a whole week of Dennis' vacation with everyone sick with a very virulent form of the flu. Everyone but me that is. (It pays to get your flu shot!) It spread like wild fire through the family, knocking out even the strongest among us! We're blaming the lack of a kitchen for so much recurring illness in the family since February. Eating differently and not as healthily as we must eat prepackaged meals, etc. and the lack of a dishwasher, I believe, are key. I've been putting bleach in my dishwater, which is great on the hands! Oh for some homemade mashed potatoes!The 19th of March and clear through the weekend, we were literally zipped out of our kitchen while they sprayed the upper cabinets with a fresh coat of paint so that they will match the brand new lowers. Now we didn't even have the microwave or oven! Everyone was still too sick to want to go and eat out, so we had take out Chinese one night, and I managed to make tomato soup in the electric fry pan! It's very hard to ladle out of and a lot of extra clean up. Everything but the cabinet faces was masked.
...including the fated wallpaper!

2 Comments:

Blogger Aly sun said...

I have wondered where you were. I assumed you would post pictures of the FINISHED project like a month ago! This must be really wearing on you all. It would be so hard to be without your kitchen for so long.

Thursday, April 9, 2009 at 4:36:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Cathy said...

Yay! A Marci post! Sorry to hear that your family was all so sick. Yuck! Your kitchen is going to be so great! You'll have quite the story to tell (in pictures, of course!) in your scrapbook!

Thursday, April 9, 2009 at 8:20:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home